5/12/10

One Direction


Last year I started to follow the english X-Factor edition because I discovered Joe McElderry who, fortunatley for me, won. But this year I started to follow it from the beginning. And I´m really glad I did it. The program wasn't very successful here in Spain, but in this case, the vocal level are so much better.
Since I saw the first show I knew who were my favourites: on the one hand Matt Cardle and on the other hand One Direction. And in this post I´m gonna talk about the band, 'cause I want them to win =)
El año pasado empecé a ver la versión inglesa del Factor X porque descubrí a Joe McElderry quién, afortunadamente para mi, ganó. Pero este año empecé a verlo desde el principio. Y estoy encantada de haberlo hecho. El programa no tiene mucho éxito aquí en España, pero en este caso, el nivel vocal es mucho mejor.
Desde que ví el primer programa supe quien serían mis favoritos: por un lado Matt CArdle y por otro One Direction. Y en este post voy a hablar de la banda, porque quiero que ganen ellos =)

I don't really have a lot of information about the band because they were formed to enter the program, but I´m gonna try to give you a general vision so you can know them better. As I am aware they are boys who are from 16 to 18 and they are: Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. (Clicking here you can see their auditions). And this is what the X-Factor page says about them: At the end of bootcamp when the names of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne were not read out, the teenage boys knew their X Factor ambitions were over. But when they were recalled to the stage to find out they had been given another chance, they realised that their dreams had only just begun!In a line-up that boasts good looks, strong vocals, and dancing ability, could these lads be the pin-ups of the next generation? We think they can!

No tengo mucha información sobre la banda porque ellos se juntaron como grupo para entrar al programa pero voy a intentar que tengais una visión general para que los podais conocer mejor. Según tengo entendido tienen entre 16 y 18 años y son: Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson (pinchando aquí podeis ver su casting). Y esto es lo que la página de X-Factor dice sobre ellos: Al final del campamento cuando los nombres de Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Louiis Tomlinson y Liam Payne no fueron leídos, los chicos adolescentes sabían que sus ambiciones en Factor X se habían acabado. Pero cuando los volvieron a llamar al escenario para decirles que tenían otra oportunidad, se dieron cuenta que sus sueños acababan de empezar. Con una linea que cuenta con buena apariencia, voces fuertes y la habiliddad de bailar, podrán ser los pin-ups de la nueva generación? Nosotros creemos que si que podrán!


Louis Tomlinson

Niall Horran
Zayn Malik


Liam Payne

Harry Styles

And that's why I love them! Here you have their performances along the program (I hope there isnt't any mistakes...)

Week 8 (semifinals): Chasing Cars (by Snow Patrol) & Only Girl in the World (by Rihanna)




Week 7: Summer of 69 & You are so beautiful


Week 6: The way you look tonight

Week 5: Kids in America by New Kids on the Block

Week 4: Total eclipse of the heart

Week 3: Nobody Knows by Pink

Week 2: My life would suck without you by Kelly Clarkson

Week 1: Viva la vida by Coldplay

They have been mentored all this time by Simon Cowell and he has trust them from the beginning so I´m sure they're gonna win next week. I'll keep you informed!